Saturday, October 31, 2009

City Site

The site I chose for this project was the shallow pool and bridge above Cook and Philip Pool in the city. I was attempting to show the horizontality of the area, the clean cut lines and rectangular shapes, and the length of the bridge.

One thing that struck me while I was at the site, was how the site seemed visually very calm, almost zen-like. However the site itself was situated on a busy street corner, with cars and trucks only several metres away, and the noise from the traffic seemed to overwhelm the tranquil visual qualities of the pool. To show this noise and confusion, I used colourful scraps of newspaper and chaotic ribbons of plastic to surround the bridge to contrast with the neat edges and shapes of the cardboard and foam core.

The playdough was used to show the texture of the bridge and the many planks of wood that ran its width.



No comments:

Post a Comment